Thursday, November 17, 2011

Easy Paleo Breakfast

I'm really new to the Paleo diet, and to be honest a couple of months ago I was giving Sommer a hard time about it.  Shhh don't tell her.  Of course now, after listening to her more and reading on my own, it really seams like a smart way to eat. 
Today I'm sharing my breakfast with you, well the recipe at least.

Spinach Eggs and Turkey Sausage

First, I should mention I'm not the best at taking pictures, but a post with out pictures isn't that exciting.  If you are anything like me, a recipe needs a picture, even an easy recipe.  Did you know, I won't buy a cook book with out pictures.  Nope never gonna happen.

1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 bag fresh spinach
1 whole egg
2 egg whites

First you put the turkey sausage in the oven in tin foil to bake, 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.  Why did I prepare them this way?  Easy, NO mess!  Why did I use turkey?  I have a bad gall bladder and too much pork is bad for me.  You could use pork sausage if you like.

About 15 minutes into cooking the sausage I started to heat the coconut oil.  Once it was good and hot I added the spinach and covered it with a lid, this helps cook it faster.  Once the spinach looked good and cooked I added my eggs and scrambled it all together.

By this time the sausage was done and it was time to plate and eat.  If you are making this for more than one person just adjust the amounts of food, so each person gets the same amount.

Really you can do a lot with this little recipe, if you want you can add onions, mushrooms, anything on the Paleo food list.  I promise to have a Paleo food list up soon.

I hope you try this out, it was super yummy and easy!  Enjoy!

xx

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment