Monday, November 28, 2011

Warm Arugula Salad

Wow what slackers we’ve been on this here blog!  I’m just going to blame it on Thanksgiving.  Today is a new day and a new week.  So back on track and I have a really yummy recipe for you.

 

Warm Arugula Salad

IMG_7955

 

Ingredients:

Arugula

2 mushrooms

Bacon crumbles

Shallots

Dried Cranberries

Olive Oil

Balsamic Vinegar

 

Directions:

Slice one shallot and two mushrooms.  Pour enough olive oil in a pan to coat the bottom.  Sautee mushrooms and shallots until soft.  While those are cooking toss arugula into a bowl, sprinkle some bacon crumbles and cranberries into your salad. 

I use a whole package of bacon.  I pan fry it all and crumble it up and keep it in the fridge so it’s easy to just take out anytime.  I go through about a package a week with all our meals.  I also use craisins for my dried fruit.  They are easy but I keep them light as they are high in sugars.

Add the sautéed veggies and some chopped walnuts or pecans if you desire.  This salad is delish!  And takes less than 10 min to prepare.

 

~Sommer

No comments:

Post a Comment