Thursday, December 1, 2011

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don’t about you but the sweet stuff is what I crave.  And ultimately when it comes to converting and entire family of 5 to a Paleo lifestyle I have to bribe them lol.  So here is a recipe I got from one of my most favorite recipe sites Elana’s Pantry.  Elana has fabulous recipes that have been taken to print in her own recipe books.  All her recipes are gluten free and she has started moving toward Paleo recipes now which is super exciting!

IMG_7964

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

2.5 C Blanched Almond Flour

1 C Chocolate Chips

1/2 C Agave

1/2 C Grape seed Oil

1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract

1 tsp. Baking Soda

 

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. 

Mix wet ingredients (I do this in a large liquid measuring cup/bowl.  It’s easier and less dishes). 

Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients while mixing together. 

Scoop 1 in balls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Mash the balls flat.

Heat oven to 350 and bake for 7-10 minutes.

Cool and serve.

 

Now I felt these were a tad greasy feeling.  Next batch I will try cutting the oil to 1/3 cup instead. Yields roughly 24 cookies.  I got 19 out of my batch.

 

~Sommer

No comments:

Post a Comment